Rick Santorum


I listened to Rush Limbaugh interviewing Rick Santorum a few days ago while I was painting the kitchen. I liked what I heard, so when I finished painting, I Googled Mr. Santorum to find out more about this presidential candidate. I found his website, and, out of curiosity, I took a look at another Google result that was titled “Rick Santorum’s 12 Most Offensive Statements”. I read through them all, and at the end, thought happily, “I think I like this guy!”
In my book, offensive=politically incorrect=good. Most of his comments I didn’t find offensive, just true, and many of them made me think that the “other side” was just trying to twist something he said into something that was offensive. Even if some of his views were offensive (nobody’s perfect), at least he doesn’t hide his true beliefs and is brutally honest.
Anyway, I’ve been researching Mr. Santorum, both from positive and negative sources, and I’ll “break him down” for you here.

He served as the Pennsylvania U.S. Rep in 1990, and then in the U.S. Senate from 1995-2007. This despite his being a Conservative in a usually blue state. In twice of his four winning races (he lost one) he won running against an incumbent Democrat.

Overall, Mr. Santorum seems to have no qualms saying exactly what he thinks, despite how unpopular it might be, which is why I’m impressed with him. He has a 0% rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America, meaning he has a very pro-life voting record. He’s against Obamacare and wants to change Medicare, but I’m afraid I can’t get more specific than that, because I’m still trying to figure out exactly how it (Obamacare and Medicare and health care in general) works. However, all you smart people can watch his interview on Fox  to hear him explaining his stance on it. He proudly declares that he calls “The War on Terror” “The War on Radical Islam” instead, because that’s what it is. He’s very unpopular with pro-gay people because he’s very loud about his opinion that marriage is between a man and a woman.
Another fun little “plus” about him is that he has seven children, and I believe he homeschools at least some of them.
Mr. Santorum gets a lot of negative media, and considering that the media tends to be left-leaning, and he’s a Conservative, that may very well be a good thing. I may end up supporting Mr. Santorum, but I really wish Sarah Palin would let us know if she was running or not first…

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are free to disagree with views expressed in the posts, or in the comments, and you're free to express your disagreement. But please do so showing respect both towards me and towards the other commenters. Any comments that are not deemed respectful and/or contain profanity will be deleted. You ARE free to critique me, whether on grammar or ideas or what seems to be faulty information. I'm human, and I make mistakes too!

Thanks for commenting.