Feminists Are Evil



Okay, not really. But there is more than one thing that really irks me about feminism. Or, actually, not "real" feminism. But this other weird religion-like blame-game-thing that people have assaigned to the name of "feminism" and then kicked "real" feminism (which can no longer be called feminism because "feminists" stole the name) out the door.

Confused yet? Sorry. I'll back up.

Would it surprise you if I told you I was a feminist? What pops into your head when you hear the word "feminist"? Most likely a pro-abortion pro-welfare anti-death-penalty pro-Obama leftist. If that isn't what popped into your head, PLEASE hold onto your own idea of a feminist. You are a jewel.

Feminism used to be a truly pro-woman movement. I would have loved to live in the time period where women were fighting for suffrage and the like--I betcha I would've been marching alongside them all. I believe with all my heart that women should be given equal opportunities and not discriminated against because of their gender.

But that's no longer what the feminist movement is about. You remember this poster?

Well, it's no longer about "We Can Do It". The feminism machine has turned into a roaring monster. It's turned from "We Can Do It" to "You'd Better Help Us Do It Or Else".


Oh please.

Take maternity leave, for example. You know, the few weeks off your bosses can give you when you give birth. I'm not sure if there are laws that require employers to give women maternity leave, but I do know that feminists are fighting for them. And they don't want discrimination against women? It's perfectly valid to not want to hire a woman if she plans on getting married and having kids soon. It makes sense. It isn't discriminating against women. It's a legitimate business concern. This is called C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-S-M. You don't always want to hire people who will need extra time off because they're busy having babies. All I ask is that women aren't discriminated against...because they're women. Not because of nature. If the employers hire women and give them maternity leave, fine. But don't force them to.

And abortion. Is there a more insulting law in existence? People will call me anti-women because I hate abortion (which can't possibly make sense unless I have really low self-esteem as to hate my own gender) , but they are the anti-women people. In order for women to "succeed in the world" they have to be allowed to kill their own children?

NO.

Feminists are now the anti-women people. How ironic.

Besides, who decided that "succeeding in the world" means you have to have a career? There's nothing wrong with just getting married and having kids and being a stay-at-home mom, but somehow feminists have managed to twist motherhood into something less than a career. It's not.

I want equality, people. Not special benefits. That's called sexism. Only this time it's directed at men. Especially if they're white.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you were going to put that 'We Can Do It' poster in here. I love that poster.

    Anyway, I'm with you all the way. I'm a feminist from a hundred years ago, :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. :) All the hype over giving special benefits to women so they can succeed is really saying that we CAN'T do it--without special benefits, anyway. Drives me nuts.

    ReplyDelete

You are free to disagree with views expressed in the posts, or in the comments, and you're free to express your disagreement. But please do so showing respect both towards me and towards the other commenters. Any comments that are not deemed respectful and/or contain profanity will be deleted. You ARE free to critique me, whether on grammar or ideas or what seems to be faulty information. I'm human, and I make mistakes too!

Thanks for commenting.